Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's that time…

Here we go again… 

It has been a long time since I've posted anything here. 

Almost three years in Florida and the end of an era is occurring…

Brian is getting out of the Army.

Is it something he wanted to do? Yea.

Well - I may have convinced him.

I will never forget sitting in a restaurant (we can't remember which one near UMass-D) and Brian was showing me pamphlets of the Army. Brian was so excited and I was already in tears begging him not to join.

We survived. 

It will have been six years this October. 

Together and separately we have been to many places. Brian has been over seas and I have worked and lived in different states with and without anyone.

The years have flown and now we can say we are "almost" going home.

We will be moving to New Hampshire next week… not quite Massachusetts but still close to home. 

We have grown, we have changed, and yet one thing has remained the same… we want to be near family.

This move is bitter sweet for me. Ever since Colorado I have always wanted to go home to be near everyone. However - I have become the most independent in my life living all over the states. I almost wished we asked for the over sea stations or somewhere further from home but in the end I wanted to make sure I could always be able to make it back to our family.

I have discussed with Brian that this means we must TRAVEL! To see the world and still be able to go HOME! 

Bitter sweet - we will leave the military family and join another. 

In a week we will be looking back on these conversations of "what will it be like" and actually be living it. 

No more Army. No more moving from state to state - and no more missing family - other than the family we have made along the way.

Bitter sweet.

I'm thankful for all the opportunities the military has granted us. From leaving Boston, which I don't think I would have ever cared to do, buying our first home, renting it, selling it, living in FL, somehow surviving a deployment, to becoming a much stronger young married couple. It has been a difficult, interesting, and learning adventure - and I'm thankful that we can now say we are GOING HOME! 

With a new adventure on the horizon - I hope for a continued life full of happiness, love, and laughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment